Monday, August 20, 2007
Jamie's Chili

Print a PDF of this recipe here.

Recipe courtesy of Paula Deen's son, Jamie
Serves 8-10

1 pound ground beef and sausage, browned and drained
1 medium onion, diced
1 small green pepper diced
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can whole, peeled tomatoes
Cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 can chili beans
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
1 package chili seasoning mix
2 cups chopped celery
Shredded Cheddar
Sour cream
Chopped green onions

Brown ground beef in skillet and drain. Set aside. Spray large pot with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add the onion, green pepper, diced tomatoes, and whole tomatoes. Add cumin and chili powder, to taste, and cook for about 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add the beans, the ground beef, chili seasoning and chopped celery. Let simmer and slow cook for 4 hours. Serve with Cheddar cheese, sour cream, and green onion as garnishes.

Sweetnicks' Notes: I think serving 6 is more like it. No sizes were noted for the cans of tomatoes. For the diced, I used 14 oz. cans, and for the whole (I used pureed), I used 28 oz. Recipe didn't mention if beans should be drained, I drained mine. Cumin measurement wasn't specified, I used a teaspoon.






tip jar heart imageTip Jar
I love writing for all my Sweetnicks readers every day, and sharing little bits of our Food & Life with all of you. If you've enjoyed coming here and would like to leave a tip, this is your opportunity to do so. All monies go towards Sweetnicks' operating costs. Thank you!