Saturday, March 11, 2006
Spaghetti with Cherry Tomatoes, Rocket and Parmesan














Serves 2, 20 minutes, from July 2005 issue of olive Magazine
Because this recipe only served two, I increased the proportions. We had enough for the 3 of us for dinner, and can squeeze out one more meal out of the leftovers

Spaghetti, 200g (I used 1 box)
olive oil
cherry tomatoes, 250g, halved (I used one small container)
garlic, 1 clove, chopped (I used 2)
rocket (arugula), 80g (I used about half a bag)
Parmesan, a handful of shavings

Cook the pasta with some salt and a little oil in a large pot of boiling water. Heat some olive oil in a large frying pan with the cherry tomatoes and use the back of a spoon to squash the tomatoes so they pop. Cook for about 2 minutes, then add the garlic and season with salt and pepper. Drain the pasta when done, add to the tomato mix, stor through, throw in the rocket and stir again. Cook for 1 minute to wilt the rocket. Serve, sprinkled with the Parmesan shavings.

Sweetnicks' Notes: I added a little more olive oil towards the end, just to make sure the pasta was "wet" enough. Excellent and easy.






tip jar heart imageTip Jar
I love writing for all my Sweetnicks readers every day, and sharing little bits of our Food & Life with all of you. If you've enjoyed coming here and would like to leave a tip, this is your opportunity to do so. All monies go towards Sweetnicks' operating costs. Thank you!