Friday, March 10, 2006
Bhel Puri


Had a few requests for the "recipe" for the Bhel Puri I made. Like asking an Italian how they make their lasagna, the more people you ask, the more different recipes you'll get. It's the same with Bhel Puri, which you can see by googling it. I got my recipe from our old neighbors, who are Indian, and it could not be simpler. More layering, than a recipe per se.

Put a thin layer of siev noodles on your plate (thin crunchy noodles that you can find in an Indian store; drop me a line if you can't find any and I'll send you a package).
Top with boiled, cooked potato, finely chopped (I used two potatoes for the dish pictured yesterday; enough for 2 of us)
Then add a layer of diced tomatoes (I used 3)
Add a layer of finely chopped onion (I used half an onion)
Dollop plain yogurt over it
Top with a little bit of garam masala powder (again, found in an Indian grocery store; drop me a line if you can't find it)
Dig in!

Sweetnicks' Notes: One of my favorite Indian snacks/sides, I first mentioned it here.






tip jar heart imageTip Jar
I love writing for all my Sweetnicks readers every day, and sharing little bits of our Food & Life with all of you. If you've enjoyed coming here and would like to leave a tip, this is your opportunity to do so. All monies go towards Sweetnicks' operating costs. Thank you!